Love Spyder but it could be better.  So if the maintainers do not have
enough to do or enough ideas here are 2 more ideas for your free time:

Outline gets out of date, I have been running the program to get it
updated.  Just discovered that saving the files will fix that, so this idea
instead becomes a tip to update the outline do a save.

Outline is always sorted in the physical order of the source file. * An
option of putting it in  lexical order  would be nice*.   This would help
me find my way around large files  ( I have modest python skills, I would
look at the source for this area, and try to find a fix, if I could get
some tips to get me started )  Are there others who would like a lexical
order option?

Note this would make guidelines like:

"8. When possible, try to organize your code alphabetically. This makes it
easy to find your methods. If you get into the proper naming convention
habit - this will end up auto-grouping your methods together for the most
part."

less important.