I am creating Jupyter Notebooks programmatically after scraping
HTML-embedded Python code.

I want to automatically (programmatically) launch Spyder-Notebook and open
the ".ipynb" file that was just created in my script.

I want to be able to follow the "nbopen" protocol:

1) Test if there is an existing Spyder-Notebook (Jupyter?) server started
by Spyder.
2) If the test result in 1) is False, then launch Spyder-Notebook
3) Pass in the NB filename, Open Spyder-Notebook, i.e., like
"File...Open..."
4) Display NB in Spyder-Notebook

What API call(s) do I have to use to test if Spyder-Notebook is already
running, and then open the Jupyter NB with that Jupyter server, or launch a
new server if Spyder-Notebook is not already running.

Thank you.

Rich Lysakowski