Hi,

We make reference to Anaconda/Miniconda a lot because the process to install/updates packages is way more robust and reliable than using pip. However, the instructions to connect Spyder to a non-conda Python distribution/environment are basically the same as with conda.

In other words, wherever you see a |conda install foo| command, you need to change it to |pip install foo|.

Cheers,
Carlos