Hi,

You can config the shortcuts used by Spyder actions going to* Tools >
Preferences > Keyboard shortcuts. *I think *Shift + Enter *is by default
set for the *Run cell and advance *action, but you could change that from
the preferences and set it to be the shortcut for the *Run selection *action.
Also, just in case, some more info about the cell functionality mentioned
is available at:  Editor — Spyder 5 documentation (spyder-ide.org)
<https://docs.spyder-ide.org/current/panes/editor.html#code-cells>

Best regards,

Daniel