First, I am a new user!

I installed standalone version of Anaconda and spyder complete on my system
from a download at Anaconda. Upon installing and then running spyder for
the first time I got the following:

1) A message that I need to update spyder to current version (which in my
case was 5.4.3 I believe).  Message said 'conda update conda' and then run
a second command (which is now lost to the mists of time because I do not
have a screen grab for that).

2) This failed immediately with a PkgNotInstalledError.

3) Went to 'stack overflow' and discovered that the workaround was to run
'conda update --name base conda' because the environment was not right.

4) This seemed to work. I restarted the Anaconda navigator and spyder.
4) However, I now have an error I have apparently no way to work
around...the message is:

You have missing dependencies
#Mandatory:
paramiko >=2.4.0 : None (NOK)
Please install them to avoid this message.

This is completely meaningless to me and leaves me in a place where I do
not know if I can proceed.

I had this same trouble during the previous update and decided to completel
remove and reinstall anaconda. I need help to keep using Anaconda and
Spyder.

BTW...one of the messages, if I remember that first popup...was to updgrade
conda and then spyder...did my last command negate the need for this?