I have installed the new Spyder, but where is the Spyder.exe file? The
installer has removed the old Spider, with the icon, and left me now obvious
way to start the program.

???? Regards John

From: spyderlib@googlegroups.com <spyderlib@googlegroups.com> On Behalf Of
Daniel Althviz Moré
Sent: Thursday, 20 July 2023 10:09 am
To: spyder <spyderlib@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [spyder] [ANN] Spyder 5.4.4 is released!

Hi all,

On the behalf of the Spyder Project Contributors
<https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/graphs/contributors> , I'm pleased to
announce that Spyder 5.4.4 has been released and is available for Windows,
GNU/Linux and MacOS X: https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/releases

This release comes fourteen weeks and six days after version 5.4.3 and it
contains the following new features and important fixes:

*       Add new shortcuts to switch Editor tabs for macOS (Cmd + 8 and Cmd + 9)
*       Add syntax highlighting for Python 3.10 missing statements (match and
case)
*       Improve compatibility with PySide2
*       Improve Editor scrollflags painting (find matches flags painted above
errors and warnings flags)
*       Fix crash when plugins fail their compatibility checks
*       Fix LSP status bar error when cliking it
*       Fix IPython console font size setting
*       Prevent IPython console This version of python seems to be incorrectly
compiled warning message in Python 3.11
*       Skip some IPython versions with somes bugs and add some error catching
for the IPython console
*       Fix Editor found results rehighlighting when switching between files
*       Fix Editor class/function dropdown widget when using splited editors
*       Fix Editor line numbers and autoformat cursor position when the wrap
lines option is enabled
*       Fix Editor error when removing unsaved files from Projects/Files
explorer while open in the Editor
*       Prevent Editor QTextCursor::setPosition: Position '-1' out of range
warning message
*       Fix Find functionality for a single file
*       Fix PYTHONPATH manager focus issues after adding a path
*       Fix Online Help issues when searching for numpy or pandas
*       Fix Windows installer being launched with admin rights after
installation/autoupdate
*       Fix Windows installer conda environments activation logic when there
are spaces in the installation path
*       Fix macOS standalone installer workflow and notarization process with
new certificate

In this release we fixed 25 issues and merged 37 pull requests that amount to
more than 103 commits. For a full list of fixes, please see our Changelog
<https://github.com/spyder-ide/spyder/blob/5.x/CHANGELOG.md> .

Don't forget to follow Spyder updates/news on the project's website
<https://www.spyder-ide.org/> .

Last, but not least, we welcome any contribution that helps making Spyder an
efficient scientific development and computing environment. Join us to help
creating your favorite environment!

Enjoy!

Daniel

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/spyderlib/da9e6404-ba1e-4fde-88fb-f157e302f71dn%40googlegroups.com