I just upgraded my project from python 3.7 to 3.9, and, in the process,
also updated to the latest spyder version (5.4.5). I noticed that whenever
I type something (even in docstring where no code-completion or the like
should happen) there is a lag of 1-2 seconds where the cursor doesn't move
and my input is delayed, which is annoying as it breaks the flow.

This behavior disappears when I deactive the LSP checkbox, but then none of
the basic functions work (code introspection, go-to-file, etc.).

Does anyone else experience similar issues?