Hello, Florian;

1. Operating system: Windows 11 Home, 40 GB RAM
2. Spyder was installed via an installer. I don't keep any useless conda
clutter on my machine.
3. 01:28 (1 minute, 28 secs) to show the interface plus 20 secs to load the
kernel, all carefully timed.
    Is this an awful lot of time or what?

Extras:
4. I assume mine is a bare-bones installation, with a few native or no
plugins at all. Well, at least I
don't remember having pulled any.
5. I'm not exactly a sucker for Spyder updates, as I have stubbed my toe at
least once after one.
This time, however, I decided to update and it failed. First time it did
fail, but I'm afraid this might
become a pattern.
6. I have also observed that, if I exit Spyder and run it again right away,
it loads in ~10 seconds or
so (didn't clock it this time). This is as remarkable as odd. Does Spyder
leave anything loaded in
memory after exiting?

I agree in that Spyder is still pretty usable, but who knows what the
future holds for Spyder?

Fausto