Hi all,

I observed that Spyder reduces its execution speed considerably when I'm
running a script and the focus on Spyder is lost, that is, when I open
another window to work on something else (a Word document, an Excel
spreadsheet, Solitaire, etc) while the said script is running.

It's even worse when a script is executing and the laptop sleeps. Spyder
does not resume execution when the machine is brought back to its active
state. I've seen this a couple of times.

Is this normal behaviour?

Thanks,

F.