On 02/06/2016 05:26 PM, Jonathan Beluch wrote:
Thanks for clearing all that functionality up. Will give the traversal a
shot.

    On 02/05/2016 01:10 PM, Jonathan Beluch wrote:
     > Just realized #4 isn't so simple either as the comparison is
    always done
     > by name.

    if this is a one-time migration why is autogenerate needed at all?
    Just write out the migration for all the constraints either manually or
    using your own one-off script.

There are about ~150 index/constraints that have to renamed so manual
could get annoying. Also, I want to hook into the alembic machinery to
compare indexes/constraints on column signatures/etc vs just the name.

If you can get those 150 names into a list, you can just generate a single "RENAME CONSTRAINT" script for all 150 names. I'd just do this in a text editor with search and replace features. If you need the more careful comparison of col signatures in order to generate these names, then sure...but even then, you can work from an alembic diff structure directly.