On Thu, Jun 20, 2019, at 1:45 PM, Michael Merickel wrote:
> I think the basic idea is to create a database and codebase in the state of
> the target revision. Then autogenerate a migration from nothing to that
> revision - just like you would do when starting to use alembic from an
> existing schema. From there you can change the slug on it so that it works as
> the down_revision of later migrations and clear out the old unused migrations
> that you're replacing.
>
> - Michael
>
> On Thu, Jun 20, 2019 at 2:37 AM Chris Withers <ch...@withers.org> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>>  I have some versions that make use of the third party package I no
>>  longer use, how do I collapse down alembic revisions that have already
>>  been executed everywhere?
>>
>>  I found
>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34491914/alembic-how-to-merge-all-revision-files-to-one-file
>>
>>  but that doesn't feel right...

I think that's what the stackoverflow answer says too. At the moment that might
be the most expedient approach. However I can see that Alembic might benefit
from having a special option to autogenerate a model into Python code assuming
no database to start with. Feel free to propose though Alembic is suffering
from lack of contributors right now.