Actually, I'm still having a problem because the primary object is
already a join and the next object that I append gets listed twice.

Example

sel=select([a,b], from_obj=[a.outerjoin(b)])
sel.append( a.outerjoin(c,somecriteriaforthejoin))
str(sel)
SELECT ,,, FROM a LEFT OUTER JOIN b ON .... , a LEFT OUTER JOIN c
ON ...
sel.execute()
SQLError: (ProgrammingError) table name "a" specified more than once

What I really need is: a.outerjoin(b).outerjoin(c)
That is what I can't seem to find a way to dynamically generate.

Thanks
-Dennis