We should really be using the ODBC sanctioned syntax for procedure call,
which is still unsupported by pyodbc, AFAIK.  ODBC on *nix is over 10 years
old at this point, you'd think we'd have a better story to tell by now,
jeez.

> Dunno if this is related, but pyodbc and adodbapi execute each statement in
> a separate context. This caused a problem with scope_identity, as in the
> original implementation with pyodbc, scope_identity always returned null.

I thought the original impetus for scope_identity was not multiple execution
contexts, but rather things being fouled up for some users where they had
nested INSERTs being done via a trigger on the mapped table, and the
brain-dead SELECT @@identity_insert wasn't able to pluck out the correct PK.
Was there another reason I'm missing?

Jason, how are coming on the dialect refactor? Things are heating up out