What I am trying to do is get the events for when an attribute was modified.

This code was used to register that I wanted ReceiveEvents to get called when
attributes where modified.

Has this been removed between 0.5.beta4 and 0.5.2.

The example program in examples/custom_attributes/custom_attributes.py show
the way of getting event/notify when an attribute is changed.