On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 9:39 PM, Michael Hipp <mich...@hipp.com> wrote:

> Can someone tell me why this code won't create any tables? The tables are
> defined in another file that calls declarative_base().
>
> I presume the problem is that it doesn't know which tables to create. If
> so, how do I tell it what tables to create?
>
> Base = declarative_base()
> database = 'sqlite:///convert/db.sqlite'
> engine = create_engine(database, echo=True)
> metadata = Base.metadata
> metadata.create_all(engine)  # Does nothing, says nothing
> Session = sessionmaker()
> Session.configure(bind=engine)
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

Well, metadata here doesn't refer to the metadata that holds table
definitions.

What about something like

import otherfile
Base = otherfile.Base    # assuming you use Base = declarative_base() in
otherfile

then continue as your in sample from "database =". This should give you
access to metadata from the other file.