avdd wrote:
I'm glad you brought this up.  It seems to me that the the declarative
instrumentation keys classes by their unqualified class name,
precluding using the same class name for different declarative
subclasses (ie, in different modules).

Indeed, but I suspect there's more to it than that.
My guess would be that you'd then have to use the full dotted name to the class, which might be problematic.

Myself, I wish we could drop the need for the registry in the declarative base and push all the required info down into the MetaData object.

What would be the problems with doing this?

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk