If you don't have something consistent to sort by, then I'm not sure that the
"last record" is meaningful, is it? If you have 10 rows with the same voucher
code and account code (and there is nothing else to uniquely identify them,
such as a more precise timestamp, or an auto-incrementing ID), then as far as
the result set is concerned, there is nothing special about the last row. The
database could be giving them to you in any order.

I'm sure I'm misunderstanding your situation - perhaps you could describe your
schema and why you need this information, and then we might be more help.

Simon