On Friday, January 11, 2013 2:34:09 AM UTC-4, Michael Bayer wrote:

> > you can associate the instance event with the mapper() callable or
> Mapper class, and it will take effect for all mapped classes.

I think that would work for my case, although I'm a little fuzzy as to the
exact syntax to provide the mapper reference for event.listen - I've just
been using declarative and haven't dealt with mappers directly - each of my
classes would have a different mapper instance, and I'd have to attach to
each (no benefit over class attachment)?  Or using the Mapper class itself
would trigger for anything mapped, and I'd have to discriminate in the
handler for classes of interest, or create a Mapper subclass and somehow
have my declarative_base subclass use it?

Using 0.8 you can also associate the listener with a common base class,
> such as your declarative Base, or even a mixin that's common to some subset
> of classes.

That sounds even nicer, and since I'm just starting out with no legacy code
I've been meaning to try dropping 0.8 in even before it is final.  It
sounds like I could just do something like
event.listen(MyDeclarativeSubclass, "load", myStamperFunc).