I have an include file that generates a handful of timestamp clauses:

def sql_now():
return sqlalchemy.sql.text("(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AT TIME ZONE 'UTC')")

def sql_now_minus_10_minutes():
return sqlalchemy.sql.text("(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AT TIME ZONE 'UTC' -
INTERVAL '10 MINUTES')")

One of them needs to be driven by a configuration value :

def sql_now_minus_interval(interval):
return sqlalchemy.sql.text("(CURRENT_TIMESTAMP AT TIME ZONE 'UTC' -
INTERVAL '%s')" % lib.constants.RATELIMIT_TIMEOUT_A)

Is there anything I can do to protect myself from accidental sql injection
?  This is all first-party code, so I'm not worried about a "little bobby
tables" scenario, but am concerned with bad text getting named in the
constant and breaking a query.