So helpful!  Thanks.

*Randy Syring*
Chief Executive Developer
Direct: 502.276.0459
Office: 812.285.8766
Level 12 <https://www.level12.io/>

On 07/24/2015 03:45 PM, Mike Bayer wrote:

On 7/24/15 3:17 PM, Randy Syring wrote:
I have some generic timestamp columns as part of a mixin. I'd like for these columns to have server defaults of the current UTC time. If I wanted local time, I could just do:

created_ts = Column(DateTime, ..., server_default=sasql.text('CURRENT_TIMESTAMP'))

The problem I'm running into is that the DB servers all have a different way of getting UTC time:

SQLITE: select CURRENT_TIMESTAMP
Microsoft SQL: select GETUTCDATE()
PostgreSQL: select (now() at time zone 'utc')

So how do I set the server default in a db specific way when I want to be able to define the columns in a library that will be used on different DB servers?
yup this is a common one, so much that here it is right here: http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/rel_1_0/core/compiler.html#utc-timestamp-function

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "sqlalchemy" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sqlalchemy+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:sqlalchemy+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com <mailto:sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com>.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "sqlalchemy" group. To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/sqlalchemy/NpK5n59QbV8/unsubscribe. To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to sqlalchemy+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com <mailto:sqlalchemy+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>. To post to this group, send email to sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com <mailto:sqlalchemy@googlegroups.com>.