On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 4:17 PM, Nana Okyere <oky...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Mike, thanks for your response. I turned on the echo to see the values.
> Looks like it is passing a datetime.date objects. So I don't see a time
> part of the date. Here's the relevant part of the echo output.
>
> I selected between two days ago and yesterday. It includes results for two
> days ago but not results that match yesterday's date.
>
> WHERE work_force_planning_tab.last_updated_timestamp BETWEEN
> :last_updated_times
> tamp_1 AND :last_updated_timestamp_2
> 2016-03-01 10:12:36,229 INFO sqlalchemy.engine.base.Engine
> {'last_updated_timest
> amp_1': datetime.date(2016, 2, 28), 'last_updated_timestamp_2':
> datetime.date(20
> 16, 2, 29)}

I think Mike meant that the DATE type in the database itself stores the
time as well:

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28318/datatype.htm#i1847

Presumably you'll get the same result if you run something like this
directly against the database:

SELECT *
FROM work_force_planning_tab
WHERE last_updated_timestamp BETWEEN TO_DATE('2016/02/28', 'yyyy/mm/dd')
AND TO_DATE('2016/02/29', 'yyyy/mm/dd')

(I may have the syntax wrong - I don't use Oracle)

Simon