I'm creating a mixin for my timestamp columns throughout my projects.
Internally, the mixin uses UTC strings to store timestamps, externally it
converts back and forth into local time using a second column that stores
timezone information. I'm studying the hybrid attribute section in the
documentation, but not sure if this use case would involve a different
expression between the instance level and class level.

As a general rule, what should I look into to determine whether I need to
use the hybrid_property.expression()?

Do I need to first familiarize myself with the SQLalchemy's SQL functions,
such as func() etc., or there is some simpler rules? Thanks.