OK, so it ought to be:

    error::sqlalchemy.exc.SAWarning

...instead, but that doesn't work because of
https://bugs.python.org/issue22543, so you need to do it in code. I
have this in my top-level py.test conftest.py:

@pytest.fixture(scope='session', autouse=True)
def sqlalchemywarnings():
    "Convert SQLAlchemy warnings to exceptions"
    import sqlalchemy.exc
    warnings.simplefilter(
        'error',
        sqlalchemy.exc.SAWarning