On Monday, October 17, 2016 at 11:24:43 AM UTC-4, Mike Bayer wrote:
> However, I don't see how the ordered attributes fixes anything in terms
> of mixins.   If a mixin wants its columns at the beginning, or the end,
> all of that can be upended by the presence of other mixins and those
> mixins are necessarily traversed in __mro__ order.  It would be awkward
> to link __mro__ to declared attribute order to the order the expressions
> that work out to be Column objects go into a Table.   IMO it is a lot
> easier for a mixin or whatever to simply set "Column(...
> sort_order=-1000)" to deal with simple aesthetic concerns such as these.

 I just mean that *within* a mixin (or table class), a set of columns
defined as

    col1 = sa.Column(sa.Integer)

    def col2(cls):
        return sa.Column(sa.Integer)

    col3 = sa.Column(sa.Integer)

    def col4(cls):
        return sa.Column(sa.Integer)

    col5 = sa.Column(sa.Integer)

would by default appear in order col1, col2, col3, col4, col5.