On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 11:43 AM, Santosh Sharma
<chitr.praya...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using SQLAlchemy and postgres database.
>
> I want to do "Delete and Insert operation" on the table in a  single
> transaction without using orm.
>
> Say
> table User
>   Column |       Type        |                     Modifiers
> --------+-------------------+---------------------------------------------------
>  id     | integer           | not null default
> nextval('test_id_seq'::regclass)
>  name   | character varying |
>

> All users from table are retrieved and displayed   at  small time
> interval.(2 secs)
>

> say u1,u2,u3 are current users in DB.
>

> Updated user list is   u3,u4,u5.
>
> Now i have to delete [u1,u2 ] & add [u4,u5]. This deletion and addition of
> users should be in single transaction so that
> users retrieved/displayed from table  are either [u1,u2,u3] or [u3,u4,u5] .
> And to avoid retrieval of   transitional list of users say [  u1 ] (after
> deletion).
>
> In the similar steps it is required to do bulk deletion and bulk addition in
> a single transaction.

This section of the docs deals with transactions in SQLAlchemy Core:

  http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/core/connections.html#using-transactions

You can execute as many statements as you like between starting and
committing the transaction.

Hope that helps,

Simon