Hi everyone,

I spend a lot of time working with Tornado and SQLAlchemy, so I recently wrote a
small module that provides a set of helper functions to make SQLAlchemy usage
easier in Tornado applications.

Source code - https://github.com/siddhantgoel/tornado-sqlalchemy

PyPI - https://pypi.python.org/pypi/tornado-sqlalchemy

The main thing it lets you do is wrap session.execute(query).count like objects
into Future objects so that they can be yield-ed upon from Tornado code. There's
also a function included (actually a context manager) which handles session
setup/teardown so that you don't end up sharing sessions.

This is not a full-blown-async library (I've tried here to not build an
abstraction layer on *top* of Tornado and SQLAlchemy) but rather a small piece
of code that -

1. makes async query execution (only) easier to handle with in Tornado
2. gets rid of boilerplate that most people end up writing when using Tornado
with SQLAlchemy
3. provides a wrapper around declarative_base which should make it possible to
hook alembic up in your application

Anyway, I hope it's useful, and I'm looking forward to feedback!

Thanks,
Siddhant