Hi I have followed the sqlalchemy connection strings docs for mssql

This is my connection string that works for mssql in other platforms (
aws-rds, vm)

i am trying to use pymssql .

 db_url = '{}+pymssql://{}:{}@{}:{}/{}'.format("mssql", user, password,
host, port, dbname)

engine = create_engine('mssql+pymssql://scott:tiger@hostname:port/dbname')

Error:-

File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/sqlalchemy/engine/default.py",
line 393, in connect
    return self.dbapi.connect(*cargs, **cparams)
  File "pymssql.pyx", line 641, in pymssql.connect (pymssql.c:10824)
sqlalchemy.exc.OperationalError: (pymssql.OperationalError) (20002, 'DB-Lib
error message 20002, severity 9:\nAdaptive Server connection failed
(testservercri.database.windows.net:1433)\n')

i have tested with FreeTDS 1.0 ,,tds version = 7.0 in
/etc/FreeTDS/freetds,.conf
It connects and works.
root@DNDSaltMaster:~# tsql -H  <servername> -U criuser -p 1433
Password:
locale is "en_US.UTF-8"
locale charset is "UTF-8"
using default charset "UTF-8"
1>

Please let me know if this a know bug or am i missing some steps.