I am using *pyodbc *driver and the OS is *RHEL 7.4. *Although in my case
changing FreeTDS client charset to UTF-8 helps me read the unicode
character now.
Although I am still not able to insert the unicode characters.

>> engine.execute("update abc.xyz set value=N'Test comment –' where id=1")
I see this getting inserted as "Test comment â??".

Any leads here will be helpful.

Thanks