On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 12:38 AM, Harshvardhan Gupta
<harshsay...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am using flask-sqlalchemy , and flask login.
>
> Flask login requires a user object to identify the current user.
>
> So I give it something like :
>
> user = User(id=1)
>
> where User is an flask-sqlalchemy db model.
>
> Note that this does not actually perform a query to the db.
>
> Later on, I may want to access the email attribute of user, so I would do :
> user.email.
> Now I would expect a db query to be run and fetch the email from the
> database.
>
> There seems to be some discussion about this issue , but I was unable to
> find a proper solution for it.
>
> Some help will be great

the correct solution would be to please load the User object from the
database so that you avoid having to guess that User(id=1) even exists
or is a valid user.

The less correct solution tis that you can associate this
not-necessarily-existing User object with a Session to provide
relationship lazy loading using the enable_relationship_loading()
method on your object:
http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/orm/session_api.html#sqlalchemy.orm.session.Session.enable_relationship_loading