On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 12:03 PM, Neethu Abhinav
<neethuabhin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed sqlalchemy 1.2.7, and went through the docs for sqlAlchemy
> Diff, but i am still confused on how to use it effectively for my
> requirement.
>
> We use Oracle 12C
>
> 1. We have two databases, which have the schema in common, DB1 Schema A, DB2
> Schema A
> 2. I want to compare these two schemas across db's to get the difference in
> the metadata.(eg: difference in Table columns, missing index and so on).
> 3. Are these possible?
> 4. And in the documentation, it is mentioned to use compare(uri_left,
> uri_right), what are these uri's and how to use them or rather create them.
> Please guide me through this.

I assume this is the tool you are talking about:

  http://sqlalchemy-diff.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

The URIs it expects will be the same ones accepted by
sqlalchemy.create_engine():

  http://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/latest/core/engines.html#database-urls

Hope that helps,

Simon