Hi %,

packaging 1.2.8 (and before) fails for openSUSE Tumbleweed, while it succeeds
for many former distributions due to a single failing test with Python 2.7.15,
sqlite 3.24, pytest 3.6.0:

FAIL test/dialect/test_sqlite.py::TypeReflectionTest::
()::test_round_trip_direct_type_affinity

Full log available here:

https://build.opensuse.org/build/home:frispete:python/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64/python-SQLAlchemy/_log

Python 3.6.5 testing isn't performed due to this issue.

Packaging overview:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:frispete:python/python-SQLAlchemy
Note: we're packaging and testing for all Python variants from a single spec.

For comparison, building with a slightly older environment (openSUSE Leap
15.0) using Python 2.7.14, Python 3.6.5, sqlite 3.23.1, pytest 3.6.0 succeeds:

https://build.opensuse.org/build/home:frispete:python/openSUSE_Leap_15.0/x86_64/python-SQLAlchemy/_log

It strongly smells like sqlite 3.24 related. Nevertheless, I want to mention a
significant difference of these environments, Tumbleweeds default gcc is
8.1.1, while 15.0 uses 7.3.1 still, so it might boil down to a compiler issue
somewhere under the covers..

Does somebody in the audience use sqlite 3.24 already, want to perform the
SQLAlchemy testsuite, and report back?

Thanks in advance,
Pete