Sorry, I haven't been able to reproduce this in a way that I can provide a
test case, but SQLAlchemy 1.2.9 is causing a crash in my web application
(which uses Pyramid, pyramid-tm, and zope.sqlalchemy). I have confirmed
that it works with 1.2.8 - leaving everything else exactly the same and
only upgrading SQLAlchemy to 1.2.9 causes it to start crashing.

Basically, I have a Comment object which has a relationship to a parent
Topic, and the topic has a relationship to a parent Group. The
relationships are very basic ones:

comment.topic = relationship('Topic', innerjoin=True)
topic.group = relationship('Group', innerjoin=True)

The crash occurs when accessing a property on a Comment, which itself uses
a property from its parent Topic, and that property uses a column from its
parent Group. So it seems like it may be related to the two-layer deep
relationship, with them both being lazy. Setting lazy=False on the
topic-group relationship (the "deeper" one) fixes the error, but does not
help if set on the comment-topic one.

Please let me know if I can provide any more info to help narrow the cause
down.

 - Chad