I've never used Druid, but this is really a question for the pydruid
project, I don't know if any of those developers are on this list. It
looks like pydruid only recently started supporting self-signed
certificates (or allowing you to ignore certificate errors):

    https://github.com/druid-io/pydruid/pull/180/files

The value of the "ssl_verify_cert" parameter gets passed as the
"verify" parameter to requests.post:

    http://2.python-requests.org/en/v1.1.0/user/advanced/#ssl-cert-verification

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the pydruid sqlalchemy adapter
allows the ssl_verify_cert option to be specified in the url:

https://github.com/druid-io/pydruid/blob/master/pydruid/db/sqlalchemy.py#L121

You might be able to use the connect_args option to create_engine:

https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/13/core/engines.html#custom-dbapi-connect-arguments

or you could use the "creator" argument to specify your own function
for creating the connection:

https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/13/core/engines.html#sqlalchemy.create_engine.params.creator

Hope that helps,

Simon