On Friday, April 24, 2020 at 1:16:10 PM UTC-4, Jens Troeger wrote:

> If I understand you correctly, then the solution above is as good as it
> gets and SQLA doesn’t provide a builtin solution for what I’m trying to do?

There are so many hooks in SqlAlchemy, there may still be a more elegant
manner... however, you are accomplishing exactly what you want with
documented features, so it's not going to break in an update.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/6d4ef82a-6c81-4790-8f0c-1dc7e21efc20%40googlegroups.com.