the connection pool reuses connections, so when you "close" a connection, often
it is recycled so that it is returned to its pooled store rather than being
fully closed.

Some background on this is at
https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/13/glossary.html#term-released

On Wed, May 6, 2020, at 8:45 AM, Oğuzhan Kaya wrote:
> what is mean that checkedout checkedin connection and why When connection is
> closed connection in pool number increases?
>
> 5 Mayıs 2020 Salı 19:50:22 UTC+3 tarihinde Mike Bayer yazdı:
>> engine.pool has some metrics on it:

>> 'Pool size: 5 Connections in pool: 0 Current Overflow: -5 Current Checked
>> out connections: 0'
>> 0
>> 1
>> 'Pool size: 5 Connections in pool: 0 Current Overflow: -4 Current Checked
>> out connections: 1'
>> 'Pool size: 5 Connections in pool: 0 Current Overflow: -3 Current Checked
>> out connections: 2'
>> 'Pool size: 5 Connections in pool: 1 Current Overflow: -3 Current Checked
>> out connections: 1'
>> 'Pool size: 5 Connections in pool: 2 Current Overflow: -3 Current Checked
>> out connections: 0'
>>

>> On Tue, May 5, 2020, at 11:14 AM, Oğuzhan Kaya wrote:
>>> I made a connection with sqlalchemy to mssql and I used queue pool. I am
>>> trying to understand this connetion pool is worked or not. and also I want
>>> to see the connections and the queue inside connection pool how can I see?
>>>
>>> engine = sal.create_engine('IP',pool_size=1,max_overflow=0)
>>> result = engine.execute('select * from mytable')

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/da67aab7-b83c-4b6e-aa0c-9378bec1f5c0%40www.fastmail.com.