Hi,

I've split a table into two tables, for performance reasons. I'd like to
insert into both tables using the same sequence. I'm inserting using
executemany_mode='values'.

My idea is to call nextval() on the sequence before insert and fill in the
values client side, before inserting.

select nextval('mysql') FROM generate_series(1,...)

Everything looks good, except for the default behaviour of SQLAlchemy to
turn an integer + pk column into a SERIAL.

As an alternative I'm also looking at using Sequence('myseq') from
https://docs.sqlalchemy.org/en/13/dialects/postgresql.html#sequences-serial-identity,

but this is broken for issuing "CREATE SEQUENCE myseq" before the table
creation, which is missing the IF NOT EXISTS part.

How can I either:
- turn off the automatic behaviour of making a pg + int = serial?
- add a IF NOT EXISTS to the Sequence()?

Or any alternative ideas?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/7860f5ab-64a4-481d-8e72-9b40d2ab2527o%40googlegroups.com.