I'm having a hard time understanding some of my own code, which no longer
works.  The only way I can see it having worked in the past is if
auto-flushing did not call before_flush, but commit did?  Is that possible?

Somehow I was managing to create instances (in Python) and populate them
with auto-generated key values from the database, but then filter out some
objects (those with certain attributes null) and never commit them to the
database (in before_flush).

I realise this is a somewhat confusing question, sorry, and I can probably
fix my code anyway.  I am just looking for some peace of mind in
understanding how on earth it ever worked.

Thanks,
Andrew

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sqlalchemy/6a11bc86-54d3-4993-8746-ec865b3003a9n%40googlegroups.com.