Dr. Hipp,

I'm using althttpd to serve files from a personal Linux package
repository.   There are 38 instances of package names which contain at
least one plus sign, currently one of the characters substituted with
an underscore by althttpd.  This results in a 404 file not found error
and makes the packages unavailable for installation by the client side
package manager.

I've changed my local source code to allow the plus sign and that's
working fine (open source to the rescue!) but would you consider
making this change in the master?  I haven't extensively researched
the pros and cons of allowing this character but it doesn't seem to be
explicitly disallowed by the spec(s) and performing character
substitution on it has caused problems elsewhere, eg:

https://forums.aws.amazon.com/thread.jspa?threadID=55746

Thanks,
Carl