On Fri, 13 Mar 2020 at 08:15, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:

> In a messaging system, the user interface is critically important.

Agree absolutely!

I don't think it matters much whether the SQLite forum can render a page in
> "about 0.003s" as it says in the footer.

But I take issue with this -- I find latency is a critical part of a user
interface, and the vast majority of websites and mobile apps I encounter
just get worse and worse in this area. Granted most of that is probably not
rendering time, but I find it incredibly frustrating having to wait for
billions of cycles for the UI to get ready to accept my input.

What's important is usability — following discussions, finding new content,
> reading it, and composing messages.

<snip>

The forum, from my brief experience today, is really awkward.

I can't figure out what you're actually objecting to, because the
information currently on the forum seems be arranged sensibly and fit the
criteria of being easy to read and follow.

Finding content is impossible to assess at present, although the search
functionality seems broken -- which I posted about and the composition
process was painless.

-Rowan