Allan Edwards wrote:

> I have YET to see a database, small to massively scalable that could handle
> BLOBS worth anything. ...  I prefer the simplicity talk given early.  If
> someone wants blobs, do it the old fashioned way!

Your concerns are understood, for BLOBs that are truely large.  But what
about short pieces of binary data.  (Do you call them BOBs?)  For example,
what about that 30-byte unicode string that just happens to contain embedded
NULs.  Or a 75-byte GIF image.  I'd like to be able to put those kinds of
things directly into a column of an SQLite table.  Even an indexed column.
Unfortunately, a file format change is going to be required to achieve
that goal, I think.

--
D. Richard Hipp -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- 704.948.4565