Version 2.8.12 of SQLite is now available on the website

http://www.sqlite.org/

This release fixes a bug that could lead to database
corruption.  The rollback journal was not being completely
synced to disk so that if a power failure or external
program shutdown occurred while a COMMIT was taking
place, the database might be left in an inconsistent
state.  Note that this problem can only occur if a COMMIT
is interrupted externally by either a power failure or
by kill() or TerminateProcess() call.  This is a very
uncommon occurrence.  Your programs will probably work
fine without this fix.  Nevertheless, you should consider
upgrading at your earliest convenience.

This release also includes some on-going refactoring
work.  The library is now a little smaller and faster.
Additional size reductions and speed improvements are
underway.  We had not intended to do a release until
the refactoring work was further along (and the size
reductions and speed improvements were more pronounced)
but we felt it was important to go ahead and get out
the fix for the rollback journal corruption problem
described above.

Many thanks to "ashaporev" (whose true identity and location
are unknown) for finding the rollback journal problem.
--
D. Richard Hipp -- [EMAIL PROTECTED] -- 704.948.4565