When I invoked *setup.py build* in my pysqlite directory, I got the message:
  error: command gcc failed with exit status 1
This appeared just after the line
  _sqlite.c:1682: (near initialization for  `_con_memberlist[2])
That section of _sqlite.c is as follows:
static struct memberlist _con_memberlist[] =
{
   {"sql",             T_STRING, offsetof(pysqlc, sql), RO},
   {"filename",        T_STRING, offsetof(pysqlc, database_name), RO},
   {NULL}
};

What does the error message mean, and what steps should I take?