Hi Will,
Thanks for clearing that up for me, it make more sense now.

Greg
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Will Leshner
  To: Forum SQLite
  Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 8:06 AM
  Subject: Re: [sqlite] A proposal for SQLite version 3.0

  On Apr 11, 2004, at 3:01 PM, Greg Obleshchuk wrote:

  > You state that there may or may not be the call-back function wrapper.
  >  I would be an advocate for keeping it.  This way of handling returned
  > data is most useful.  Sometimes when returning thousands or more rows
  > of data you want to cancel the statement without a call-back function
  > you must wait until the statement is finished and then discard the
  > result.  Having a call-back allows you (or the user) to terminate the
  > statement.

  With the non-callback-API, "executing" the query simply returns a
  virtual machine ready to get query results. It doesn't actually return
  any results. You then have to step through the results yourself. So you
  can pretty much stop the query any time you'd like. And the callback
  mechanism is now built on top of the non-callback mechanism anyway, so
  you wouldn't be able to do anything with callbacks you couldn't do
  without them.