On Thu, 13 May 2004, David Given wrote:

>I'm running sqlite 0.8.6 on a Debian stable build. I have no idea whether it's
>been compiled with the thread-safety flag or not, there are no release notes.

Not sure whether that's a typo or not, but testing has 2.8.13 available,
so you may want to upgrade to the latest version of sqlite and try again.

>Is this expected behaviour? If so, why doesn't the documentation warn people
>that VACUUM is not thread-safe? And if not, why is my program falling over?

Probably not a threading issue, as the VACUUM is done in another process
(the sqlite shell.) You may be using a buggy version of sqlite (see
above.)

Christian

--
    /"\