Well put, Darren.

Raymond,

I would say that if you need ODBC then you need to use a different database (server) all together. SQLite fills the embedded database niche perfectly but it is not a replacement for MS-SQL, MySQl, PostgreSQl, Oracle or other database *servers*. If you need a RDBMS server you are better off using one instead of faking it with SQlite. PostgreSQL and MySQL both run on Windows and are free (well, PostgreSQL is free but who knows about MySQL these days.)

Best of luck!