From: Fred Williams [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 10:18 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [sqlite] re: academic software licensing (delphi)

With personal edition of Delphi, you will have to rely on third party
software to gain some of the functionality of the more expensive versions.
With personal edition you should have all you need to develop an API level
interface to SQLite, if you wish to remain totally "free."

If you have any past programming experience, you will be doing productive
work with Delphi long before two years.  I'd guess two to three months if
your not in a hurry.  API interface development may take a little longer.

Should you wish to go professional an upgrade to Delphi Professional will
only cost you 300 - 400 dollars.  When I quit professional development that
was about an afternoon's work revenue, if I took off a little early :-)

Fred