From: Paolo Vernazza [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Thursday, August 26, 2004 9:56 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [sqlite] .db file size is not changing

Unnikrishnan Nair wrote:

Hi all,

I have a sqlite database. I had thousands of rows in
it. I did a test with the database and everything was
good. So before I ship it to production, I went to the database and I did drop all the index and 'deleted' all the rows from the table. I thought the size of the database will come down so that I can ship the model database for production. But the size didn't change.
How can I reduce the size or is it possible at all?

Thanks.
Unni

I think that it is better let your program create the DB structure from a sql schema script.
Usually it is smaller than the corresponding DB..

sqlite data.db .schema > schema.sql

Paolo