Tuesday, August 31, 2004, 10:32:25 AM, Jonathan Gennick wrote:

> I'm trying to compile SQLite, but, unfortunately, with very
> little joy. I'm running on Windows (sorry), and I'm using
> Bloodshed's C++ IDE, which appears to run some form of GNU's
> C++ compiler. Is anyone else using this particular
> combination?

Several of us use MinGW (and in some cases MSYS) which is "some form
of GNU's C++ compiler." Specifically, we use gcc (not g++ although
I suspect others use that as well) to compile.

Bloodshed's IDE should be fine.

> Below my signature, I've pasted in the short program that
> I'm trying to compile. I've also pasted in the error
> messages that result.

The error messages are not included (the source is included twice).

Some comments on the source:

> #include <iostream>

Perhaps you should stick to C for now and use stdio.h

> #include "main.c"

Are you sure you want this? Usually #include is used for .h files

> using namespace std;

Again, try C first, forget namespaces for now.

>   db = sqlite_open("c:\SQLite\Projects|FirstTest\FirstDatabase", 0, &zErrMsg);

This is the SQLite 2 API... are you intending to use SQLite 2 or 3?

In any case, you either need to

#include sqlite.h

or

#include sqlite3.h

This will probably get you past your present problems.