Hi

Is there a way of either...

(a) getting a list of databases attached (using attached command), or
(b) Finding the database name used for any given table name name)

For instance: If I have a statement "select * from fred", is there a way
I can find out what database "fred" is on, or at least finding the
appropriate sqlite_master record.  I could do that if I could do (a)
above, because then all I need to do is to look through all the
appropriate sqlite_master tables (after the sql_temp_master of course)
until I found it.

At the moment I am copying the sqlite3 structure into my own code from
the sqlite/src and creating a routine to do (a) above (enumerating
databases),  I feel this is wrong, not least because the sqlite3
structure may change, I suppose,  at any point in later versions, which
of course would cause problems.

Are there any better solutions anyone is aware of?

--
Edward A. Macnaghten
http://www.edlsystems.com