On Oct 2, 2004, at 10:29 AM, Eric Morand wrote:
I'm currently on the process to use an SQLite database on my new XCode project, for MacOSX Panther. But I have no idea on how I should install the database framework...

Can someone explain me the entire process ?

Sure. First, decide if you want to statically or dynamically link SQLite. If you are planning on distributing your app to others that may not have SQLite installed, then I would suggest that you should statically link SQLite.

Assuming you want to do so:

- download SQLite 3.0.7 from www.sqlite.org

- configure and build it (assumes you have dev tools):

cd sqlite-3.0.7/
./configure --disable-shared --enable-static
sudo make install

Then, in your Xcode project:

- add /usr/local/lib/libsqlite3.a to your project. Use an absolute path reference and do not copy the library into your project (though, frankly, you could copy it -- it won't hurt anything and it'll make your project source dir more portable)

- to include the sqlite3 header:

#include <sqlite3.h>

That's all you need to do.

b.bum